Australian Fashion Film Awards held a red carpet event on Level 7 of Westfield, Sky Lounge in Sydney with a host of media and fashion industry identities in attendance.
MC Rebecca Caratti of Buro 24/7 opened the awards ceremony, which included global fashion films with Baz Lurhmann, Chanel and Country Road coming out as major winners.
Chanel took out three awards with the incredible Fashion Film “The One That I Want”. Baz Luhrmann was awarded Best Director and Country Road won the Best Australian Fashion Film for “Summer Wonder”.
“Six months ago, the concept to recognise the amazing talent in the Australian Fashion Film industry was just a dream. Today it was a reality. Celebrating the achievements of everyone involved in creating Australian Fashion Films was long overdue. The support tonight’s event received is a sure sign that AFFA will be celebrating Aussie talent for many years to come.” Anastasia Fai, founder of AFFA stated.
Guests who attended the event included fashion designers from We Are Handsome and Alice McCall, the multi-talented director/actress Gracie Otto, actress Emma Lung, models Didier Cohen, Sarah Ellen and the Stenmark Twins.
Australian Fashion Film Award Winners
- Best Independent Fashion Film – Justin Griffiths – ‘Wild West’
- Best Hair & Makeup (Hair) – Renya Xydis (Russh Magazine) – ‘Phoenix Rising’
- Best Hair & Makeup (Makeup)- Tamah Krinsky (Russh Magazine) – ‘Phoenix Rising’
- Best Fashion Styling – Catherine Martin (Chanel) – ‘The One That I Want’
- Best Sound Design or Music – Lo-Fang (Chanel) – ‘The One That I Want’
- Best Visual Effects – The Woolmark Company – ‘Lost & Found’
- People’s Choice – Phoenix Rising, Russh Magazine
- Best International Fashion Film – Hogan Rebel – ‘We Are All Mad Here’
- Best Concept – The Woolmark Company – ‘Lost & Found’
- Best Director – Baz Luhrmann (Chanel) – ‘The One That I Want’
- Best Australian Fashion Film – Country Road – ‘Summer Wonder’
Red Carpet Arrivals go to Fashion Event: Australian Fashion Film Awards Night -Facebook Page
WATCH THE AWARD WINNING FILMS BELOW